UPDATE 3/16/10: Our HR department is reviewing the 100 resumes received, and aren’t accepting any more at this time. Many thanks to all who applied, and best of luck!
Are you a creative talent with a passion for ending hunger? MAZON’s looking for a Marketing and Communications Director! Here’s all the info you need to know about the position and application:
Marketing and Communications Director
Responsible for elevating MAZON’s national profile and developing marketing and campaign materials that effectively reflect our mission and result in increased support of our work.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required, degree in Marketing or Communications preferred.
- At least 5 years experience in a leadership marketing position, preferably as a director of marketing.
- Experience working in the Jewish community and familiarity with Jewish tradition is required.
- Requires a proven track record in developing and implementing successful marketing plan.
- Experience managing projects and ability to set and manage deadlines required.
- Must be a self-starter, highly organized, creative, team player and able to work well in the non-profit sector, especially in the Jewish Community and at all levels in the organization.
- Excellent writing, event planning and interpersonal skills are vital.
- Experience in budget management.
- Must possess management, interpersonal and facilitating skills.
- Must be skilled in Microsoft Office.
- Mac experience a plus. Experience working with the Salesforce Database Management system also a plus. Website management proficiency a plus.
Key Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Manage all marketing, advertising, public relations and website efforts.
- Design, implement and facilitate annual marketing plan.
- Serve as MAZON’s PR representative to raise MAZON’s national profile.
- Work side by side with the development department and donor relations team to write fundraising letters, organize donor cultivation efforts and create marketing material for fundraising.
- Write copy for marketing collateral, craft brochures, programs, media kits and elevate brand awareness.
- Create and launch advertising and fundraising campaigns and oversee design elements and placement in Jewish & secular media.
- Oversee design, production and printing of all projects.
- Write press releases and speeches, pitch stories, work closely with board members to create strategic alliances in their communities.
- Manage the MAZON website.
- Create and write e-newsletter and e-cards.
- Maintain marketing database—mailing lists, advertising and event information.
- Serve as President’s liaison for planning and implementing events throughout the country.
Submit cover letter, resume and writing sample to: HR@mazon.org
February 5, 2010