MAZON is a proud partner in Food Day: Monday, October 24, 2011. There are lots of ways to get involved – check it out!
Today: you can sign a petition urging Congress to support Food Day’s goals:
- Reduce diet-related disease by promoting safe, healthy foods
- Support sustainable farms & limit subsidies to big agribusiness
- Expand access to food and alleviate hunger
- Protect the environment & animals by reforming factory farms
- Promote health by curbing junk-food marketing to kids
- Support fair conditions for food and farm workers
On Monday – you can attend an event! There are tons of events scheduled to happen all over the country, designed to encourage conversation about what’s right and wrong with our diets and whole food system and how to fix them. The easiest way to find a way to participate is to visit foodday.org, search using the interactive map.
Anytime – you can find curriculum, videos and lots of other Food Day resources by clicking here.
It should be a great day – hope you’ll find a way to get involved!