APPLICATION PROCESS: (applies to all positions)
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
MAZON is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from a diverse pool of candidates.
POSITION AVAILABLE: Youth Outreach Coordinator
MAZON: A Jewish Response to Hunger seeks an industrious Youth Outreach Coordinator to support and advance the organization’s priorities for engaging young people (under 25) in its education, advocacy and fundraising efforts. The Youth Outreach Coordinator’s primary role will be to help create and implement programs and strategies that raise awareness about the organization, the issue of hunger, and the importance of advocacy among students from preschool to grad school. The organization’s youth programs are directed at a wide range of audiences, including but not limited to religious & day school programs, summer camps, college students, youth groups, and other community based organizations. The Youth Outreach Coordinator will also create supporting materials for this programming and provide technical assistance to participating programs and the youth participating in them. This position reports to the Director of Outreach and Communications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate existing programs for religious & day school programs, summer camps, college students, youth groups (USY, NFTY, BBYO etc.), and other community based organizations
- Build and maintain strong relationships to promote and grow MAZON’s youth outreach programs
- Collaborate with colleagues within the organization to ensure that youth programming is fully integrated with MAZON’s other programmatic work
- Lead MAZON Hunger Fellowship; recruit qualified college students; build and maintain rapport with Hillel and/or university staff; create and execute annual program calendar; identify and prep program speakers
- Maintain and advance MAZON’s Camp Program; run the program each summer; train MAZON Hunger Fellows or others to lead the program
- Promote and maintain MAZON’s B’nai Mitzvah program; serve as ongoing liaison between student/family and MAZON
- Identify emerging opportunities for MAZON to engage young people; assist in development and implementation of new programs
- Represent MAZON at youth group conventions, professional conferences and Jewish and/or hunger-related events
- Assist in designing materials that support youth outreach initiatives
- Help students plan and execute on-campus education, advocacy and fundraising events
- Assist in responding to requests for assistance, support, speakers, materials, etc.
- Provide administrative support to Director of Outreach and Communications as requested
- Other duties as assigned
- Some nights, weekends and travel are required
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2 – 4 years community organizing or program development experience
- Course work and/or experience in education highly desirable
- Confident and experienced public speaker
- Deep knowledge of Judaism and experience working within the Jewish community
- Demonstrated ability with Microsoft Office programs required
- Experience with Salesforce and Adobe Creative Suite a plus