Position Available: Administrative Assistant
MAZON: A Jewish Response to Hunger, a national anti-hunger advocacy organization, works with partners in both the anti-hunger community and the Jewish social justice community to seek food justice in America and Israel. Its mission is to provide for people who are hungry while at the same time advocating for other ways to end hunger and its causes, and to educate and raise the consciousness of the Jewish community regarding its obligation to alleviate hunger and its causes. MAZON’s work is informed by its longstanding relationships with food banks, food pantries and food policy organizations, and the impact of its efforts is realized through its work with over 1,000 synagogue partners in the United States.
The Administrative Assistant provides general office support with specific responsibilities designed to support the program work of MAZON, including its grantmaking and its strategic initiatives. The assistant will report to the Chief Operating Officer, who will prioritize assignments, monitor workload, and organize training and feedback. The ideal candidate will have excellent attention to detail, be a self-starter and team player. He/she should be able to anticipate challenges as well as provide suggestions for improvement.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Administrative Support:
- Receive visitors
- Answer office phones
- Schedule meetings
- Responsible for booking staff travel with travel agent
- Assist the C.O.O. with building and maintenance issues
- Process outgoing and incoming mail including distribution; manage emails sent to general mailbox
- Take board and committee meeting minutes
- Development Support:
- Handle all material requests; process matching gifts applications and perform data entry.
- Program Support:
- Provide general administrative support to MAZON’s program work, including but not limited to:
- Support to the grants department in processing and reviewing grant applications
- Disseminating advocacy alerts and other similar communications
- Support to MAZON’s strategic initiatives in planning and implementing meetings, outreach, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Abilities:
Applicants will need to demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; one to three years support experience, preferably at a nonprofit organization; computer literacy, including MS Office, Salesforce and Adobe programs. Must have excellent time management and organizational skills; ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Please send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com. No phone calls, please.