MAZON is currently recruiting for one position:
MAZON: A Jewish Response to Hunger is a national nonprofit working to end hunger among people of all faiths and backgrounds in the United States and Israel. MAZON, which means “food” or “sustenance” in Hebrew, was the first national organization to rally the American Jewish community around the issue of hunger, and remains the only national Jewish organization dedicated exclusively to that same cause. MAZON employs three interrelated strategies – education and advocacy, partnership grantmaking, and strategic initiatives – in our effort to approach the problem of hunger holistically. We are committed to ensuring hungry people have access to the resources they need today, and working to develop and advance long-term solutions so that no one goes hungry tomorrow.
The Development Assistant is a member of the administrative support team with primary responsibilities in Development administrative support. This position provides primary administrative support for the Director of Development and all development related activities including gift processing, donor interactions via email and phone and online correspondence. The Development Assistant will also provide administrative support to the MAZON staff as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process all types of donations – online, tributes, Ecards, soft credits, etc.
- Assist with phones
- Respond to donor email questions and inquiries
- Generate, print and mail all stewardship and cultivation letters
- Coordinate schedule for all solicitations and multichannel marketing of appeals including, but not limited to: Direct mail, Email, Website, Synagogue fundraising, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Process all gifts over $1,000 (HDD gifts) and coordinate thank you call follow up
- Assist in end-of-month reconciliation
- Proofread and edit all direct mail and email solicitations
- Support foundation gifts by assisting in impact reports, grant proposals, managing timelines, etc.
- Volunteer management and coordination
- Administrative support for Director of Development
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years experience in non-profit and/or customer service
- Excellent typing and data entry skills
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with attention to accuracy and detail
- Ability to work both cooperatively and independently
- Must have an interest in and strong commitment to the organization’s mission
- Strong office skills –phones, filing, copying
- Must be skilled in Microsoft Office
- Experience working with Salesforce or other database management system preferred
- Knowledge of fundraising a plus
How to apply:
Please send a cover letter and resume with salary history to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.