The Development Assistant is a member of the administrative support team with primary responsibilities in Development administrative support. This position provides primary administrative support for the Director of Development and all development related activities including gift processing, donor interactions via email and phone and online correspondence. The Development Assistant will also provide administrative support to the MAZON staff as needed.
- Process all types of donations – online, tributes, Ecards, soft credits, etc.
- Assist with phones
- Respond to donor email questions and inquiries
- Generate, print and mail all stewardship and cultivation letters
- Coordinate schedule for all solicitations and multichannel marketing of appeals including, but not limited to: Direct mail, Email, Website, Synagogue fundraising, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Process all gifts over $1,000 (HDD gifts) and coordinate thank you call to follow up
- Assist in end-of-month reconciliation
- Proofread and edit all direct mail and email solicitations
- Support foundation gifts by assisting in impact reports, grant proposals, managing timelines, etc.
- Volunteer management and coordination
- Administrative support for Director of Development
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years experience in non-profit and/or customer service
- Excellent typing and data entry skills
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with attention to accuracy and detail
- Ability to work both cooperatively and independently
- Must have an interest in and strong commitment to the organization’s mission
- Strong office skills –phones, filing, copying
- Must be skilled in Microsoft Office
- Experience working with Salesforce or other database management system preferred
- Knowledge of fundraising a plus
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.