Food Security for the Indigenous (New York Times)
April 10, 2021 — MAZON's Vice President of Programs Mia Hubbard has a letter to the editor in today's New York Times. The letter argues that anti-poverty measures must equally benefit Indigenous families, who are twice as likely to experience food insecurity.
The Jewish View On Ending Hunger (Jewish Standard)
March 10, 2021 — Rabbi Pitkowsky recently recorded a podcast that’s part of the Leading Voices in Food podcasts produced by the World Food Policy Center at Duke University. In it, he discusses the Jewish values that ground and guide Mazon’s work.
Crisis at a Crossroads: Solutions for Tackling Hunger in America (Ms. Magazine)
February 19, 2021 — This year, all Americans have witnessed and too many of us have experienced what it means to be hungry in this country. Congress can no longer ignore the realities of peoples’ lives.
Pandemic Leaves More Military Families Seeking Food Assistance (New York Times)
December 16, 2020 — Just days after Congress excluded a bipartisan provision to address military hunger, the New York Times reports on this long-overlooked issue and quotes Josh Protas, MAZON's Vice President of Public Policy.
- There’s a Hunger Crisis in America. Jews Must Push our Leaders to Act. (JTA)November 25, 2020
- The Surprising Population Left Behind by SNAP? The Military (Military Times)November 21, 2020
- The Fruits of Our Labor: Hunger and Thanksgiving in America (Interfaith Voices)November 21, 2020
- Battle At Home (Kansas City FOX4)November 11, 2020
- Responding to "America at Hunger's Edge" (New York Times Magazine)September 21, 2020
- Why food insecurity is a huge problem among active-duty military and veteransOctober 25, 2020
- Advocates Push for More Help for Military Families Struggling with Hunger (Stars & Stripes)October 15, 2020
- Advocates Renew Push for Stipend to Feed Low-Income Military FamiliesOctober 15, 2020