Food-Stamp Advocates Clash Over Healthy Spending, Work Rules (Bloomberg Government)
August 24, 2022 — Food assistance advocates, weeks before a White House summit on reducing hunger nationwide, are divided over how and whether to restrict access to the government’s largest nutrition aid program.
Envisioning an End to Hunger (Baltimore Jewish Times)
September 15, 2022 — At this time of year, Jews around the world engage in moments of reflection and renewal. This year, we have an opportunity to reflect not only on our personal and communal struggles, but also a chance to chart a path forward for those facing hunger in our nation.
Nonprofits Team Up to Curb Hunger With New National Funding (The Garden Island)
September 7, 2022 — Four Hawai‘i nonprofits are jointly launching a new effort to end hunger in the state, thanks to new funding from MAZON.
Government Takes Steps To Improve Food Security For Military Families (Newsy)
August 25, 2022 — In recent months, the U.S. government has taken some steps to improve food security for its service members — but there's more to do.
Parashat Re’eh — Making Change a Reality (Jewish Standard)
August 24, 2022 — hen I think about the work we do at Mazon, and especially when I speak with others about it, I always begin with a fundamental question — what kind of society do we want to live in? By which I mean, what are our responsibilities to those around us, those within our group (however you might define “our group”) and those outside of our group.
Find the Political Will to Fight Hunger (NYT Letter to the Editor)
August 15, 2022 — We must institutionalize comprehensive and thoughtful policies to ensure a strong safety net for people who fall into hardship. This will halt the cycle of reactive, costly interventions and ease pressures on an overwhelmed charitable system.
- High Housing Costs Pressure Military Families (The Center Square)July 28, 2022
- 40 Percent of Single Moms Face Food Insecurity. The Fall of Roe Will Plunge Them Deeper Into Poverty (Ms. Magazine)July 26, 2022
- We Can End Hunger In The U.S. — But Only With Bold Action (The Hill)July 15, 2022
- For Low-Income Military Service Members, Inflation Hits Family Budgets Hard (Marketplace Morning Report)July 13, 2022
- Two-part program unites three Teaneck shuls in fight against hunger (JewishStandard)May 20, 2022
- Behind the Mission: Food Insecurity in the Military and Veteran Population (PsychArmor)April 27, 2022
- On Purim, we remember that charity alone will not end hunger (J Weekly)March 18, 2022
- Here Is What Defense Needs to Do to Help Hungry Military (Inside Sources)March 16, 2022
- Senators push to expand food aid for low-income troops (Roll Call)March 8, 2022
- Opinion: Help keep vital food program alive (Charleston Gazette)March 2, 2022
- This year, politicians must resolve to do more for the hungry (Sun Sentinel)February 2, 2022
- $1 million in a FedEx envelope leads Mazon to a surprise donor (eJewishPhilanthropy)January 31, 2022
- More Work Ahead: Fighting Food Insecurity Among Military Families (Ms. Magazine)January 7, 2022
- New Allowance for Struggling Military Families Approved by Congress Not Enough, Advocates Say (Military.com)December 20, 2021
- Jewish philanthropy meets growing needs, even during COVID (Baltimore Jewish Times)December 8, 2021
- Military spending bill could help ease hunger among service members (The Food and Environment Reporting Network)December 2, 2021