MAZON Responds to Report Documenting Brutality at Government Schools toward Native American Children
May 11, 2022 — MAZON Calls for National Reckoning and Support for Indigenous Food Sovereignty
Advocates Submit Joint Recommendations to Federal Agencies for Implementation of Military Family Basic Needs Allowance
May 5, 2022 — MAZON, MOAA, and NMFA jointly sent a letter to the U.S. Departments of Defense (DoD) and Agriculture (USDA), thanking both agencies for their efforts to address food insecurity among America’s military families.
MAZON Applauds ‘Historic Opportunity’ of White House Conference on Hunger, Nutrition, and Health
May 4, 2022 — MAZON: A Jewish Response to Hunger Urges Bold Solutions to End Hunger
MAZON Applauds the Basic Needs Allowance in President Biden’s Budget
March 29, 2022 — In response to President Biden's 2023 budget proposal, MAZON: A Jewish Response to Hunger applauds the Biden administration's inclusion of a Basic Needs Allowance. This is the first time a presidential administration has specified funding to address food insecurity among military families.
Defense Bill Leaves Too Many Military Families Behind The Enemy Lines of Hunger
December 15, 2021 — MAZON: A Jewish Response to Hunger urges Biden Administration to Take Immediate Action to Address Food Insecurity Among Military Families
NDAA Compromise Falls Short of True Relief for Food Insecure Military Families
December 7, 2021 — Today, Congress unveiled compromise language for the Fiscal Year 2022 National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA), which begins to address military hunger, but MAZON is concerned that it does not go far enough.
- MAZON Celebrates House Passage of Build Back Better Act, Urges Swift Senate Action to Reduce Hunger and PovertyNovember 19, 2021
- MAZON Celebrates 'Build Back Better' Framework to Reduce Hunger and PovertyOctober 28, 2021
- With Pandemic Fueling Increased Food Insecurity, MAZON Announces New Investments to End Hunger in Puerto RicoOctober 21, 2021
- MAZON Points to Effectiveness of Safety Net Following Federal Poverty and Hunger FiguresSeptember 14, 2021
- House Armed Services Committee Advances Measure to Curb Military Hunger as Part of National Defense Authorization ActSeptember 2, 2021
- MAZON Celebrates USDA’s Historic Update to SNAP Benefits Following Decades of AdvocacyAugust 16, 2021
- Building on Momentum to Address Hunger Crisis for Military Families, Craig Newmark Philanthropies Deepens Investment in MAZONJuly 29, 2021
- Senate Committee Passes Critical Assistance for Military Families Experiencing HungerJuly 23, 2021