Ahead of Hanukkah, MAZON Expresses Deep Concern about Rising Antisemitism on College Campuses
December 4, 2023 — MAZON, whose programs include Challah for Hunger on dozens of colleges and universities, expressed deep concern about rising antisemitism on college campuses across the U.S.
MAZON Welcomes Passage of Stopgap Funding Bill, Warns Against Further Attempts to Cut Food Support
November 16, 2023 — MAZON praised the U.S. House and Senate for passing a stopgap funding bill to avoid a government shutdown, which would have prevented millions of Americans from receiving life-saving food assistance.
This Veterans Day, Advocates Launch New Campaign to #EndVeteranHunger
November 9, 2023 — In honor of Veterans Day, MAZON: A Jewish Response to Hunger, PsychArmor, and Combined Arms are proud to release a new 30-second public service announcement and campaign website spotlighting hunger among America’s veterans and solutions to address the crisis.
Latest USDA Household Food Insecurity Report Shows Urgent Need to Protect and Strengthen Social Safety Net
October 25, 2023 — MAZON expressed growing alarm about rising hunger in the United States, responding to the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s (USDA) latest report on “Household Food Security in the United States in 2022.”
MAZON Makes Emergency Grants to Address Food Insecurity in Israel
October 19, 2023 — MAZON made an emergency investment totaling $100,000 to support marginalized communities facing food insecurity in Israel.
MAZON Responds to Attacks in Israel: “We Are Heartbroken”
October 7, 2023 — Our hearts are heavy and we are anxious for the safety of our family, friends, colleagues, and partners in Israel. We are praying for a peaceful resolution for all Israelis. Because every person — regardless of ethnicity, background, or religion — deserves safety, freedom, and democracy.
- MAZON Praises Stopgap Funding Bill, Urges Immediate Action to Protect Food Insecure AmericansOctober 2, 2023
- MAZON Applauds Israeli Supreme Court’s Ruling Promising Equitable Food Aid DistributionSeptember 13, 2023
- Anti-Hunger Leaders Call on Faith Values, Urge Congress to Protect and Strengthen Food Aid in Farm BillSeptember 11, 2023
- After Israeli Supreme Court’s Bold Move, MAZON Urges Equitable Food Aid DistributionSeptember 11, 2023
- MAZON Absorbs 'Challah for Hunger' ProgramAugust 17, 2023
- MAZON Expands Local Anti-Hunger Advocacy PartnershipsAugust 10, 2023
- MAZON Warns 'A Less Democratic Israel Will Deepen Already-Critical Food Insecurity'August 3, 2023
- Final 2024 Defense Bill Must Fully Fight Hunger in the MilitaryJuly 27, 2023
- MAZON Deeply Concerned About Food Insecurity Following Israeli Government’s Dangerous ActionsJuly 26, 2023
- Agriculture Secretary Vilsack Commends Jewish Values, Celebrates “Shared Responsibility to Advance the Cause of Justice”May 18, 2023
- MAZON Slams House Passage of "Reckless" Debt Ceiling BillApril 26, 2023
- MAZON Decries “Cruel” and “Wrong-Headed” Efforts to Restrict SNAP, Instead Supports Bill to Increase AssistanceMarch 14, 2023