MAZON Lauds Introduction of Bipartisan Senate Military Hunger Bill
April 30, 2021 — With food banks located on or near every military base in the U.S., new bipartisan legislation introduced in the Senate will address the pervasive problem of military hunger and establish stability for military families to meet their basic needs. The bill implements recommendations from MAZON's recent report on military hunger.
Following Biden’s First Joint Address to Congress, MAZON Welcomes Continued Investment in Food Access, Nutrition
April 29, 2021 — President Biden concluded his first 100 days in office with a joint address to Congress in which he referenced the miles long lines of cars at food banks during the pandemic. MAZON celebrated the administration's continued prioritization of food access and nutrition, praising the American Families Plan.
Craig Newmark Philanthropies Invests in Anti-Hunger Organization Amid Worsening Hunger Crisis for Veterans, Military Families
April 15, 2021 — To address the pervasive and persistent food insecurity among veterans and military families, Craig Newmark Philanthropies announced a $100,000 investment in MAZON: A Jewish Response to Hunger. The grant will support the national anti-hunger organization’s efforts to remove barriers and increase access to food and nutrition for veterans and military families.
- MAZON Welcomes ‘Return to Decency’ Following Decision to Withdraw Cruel SNAP RuleMarch 24, 2021
- MAZON Celebrates Historic Confirmation of Deb Haaland and Nomination of Janie Simms HippMarch 15, 2021
- MAZON Applauds Biden Administration’s Extension of Free School Meals, Calling for an End to Lunch ShamingMarch 12, 2021
- MAZON Celebrates End of Dangerous Public Charge RuleMarch 11, 2021
- MAZON Celebrates Passage of President Biden’s COVID-19 Relief PackageMarch 10, 2021
- MAZON Applauds Nutrition Provisions in House-Passed COVID Relief Bill, Urges Rapid Senate ActionMarch 1, 2021