MAZON Celebrates House Passage of Build Back Better Act, Urges Swift Senate Action to Reduce Hunger and Poverty
November 19, 2021 — This morning, the White House announced its new Build Back Better framework, which includes historic investments in federal safety net programs to address hunger and poverty in the United States.
On the Eve of Veterans Day, MAZON Delivers Powerful Congressional Testimony About Veteran and Military Hunger
November 10, 2021 — On the eve of Veterans Day, MAZON testified before Congress, urging immediate action to combat food insecurity among the nation’s veteran and military families.
With Pandemic Fueling Increased Food Insecurity, MAZON Announces New Investments to End Hunger in Puerto Rico
October 21, 2021 — MAZON: A Jewish Response to Hunger invests $200,000 to bolster anti-hunger infrastructure with grassroots partners in Puerto Rico.
MAZON Points to Effectiveness of Safety Net Following Federal Poverty and Hunger Figures
September 14, 2021 — Today, new data from the U.S. Census Bureau was released, supplementing last week’s report from the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) about the state of poverty and hunger in 2020. Together, these reports provide the strongest evidence yet that federal programs designed to curb hunger and poverty work effectively when sufficiently funded. Expanding food programs like SNAP, along with other federal initiatives like the Child Tax Credit, staved off the worst effects of the pandemic and saved millions of families from severe hunger.
House Armed Services Committee Advances Measure to Curb Military Hunger as Part of National Defense Authorization Act
September 2, 2021 — Early Thursday morning, the House Armed Services Committee voted to advance the 2022 National Defense Authorization Act to the full chamber. Included in this year’s bill is a provision that begins to address an issue that Congress has neglected for far too long: food insecurity among currently-serving military families.
- MAZON Celebrates USDA’s Historic Update to SNAP Benefits Following Decades of AdvocacyAugust 16, 2021
- Building on Momentum to Address Hunger Crisis for Military Families, Craig Newmark Philanthropies Deepens Investment in MAZONJuly 29, 2021
- Senate Committee Passes Critical Assistance for Military Families Experiencing HungerJuly 23, 2021
- MAZON Announces Nearly $2.5 Million Investment in 52 Partners across the U.S., Indian Country, and IsraelJuly 13, 2021
- MAZON Marks Juneteenth as a Day of Celebration and Reflection for More Work Ahead to Confront RacismJune 18, 2021
- New Jersey Rabbi Selected as MAZON's Board ChairMay 20, 2021
- MAZON Lauds Introduction of Bipartisan Senate Military Hunger BillApril 30, 2021
- Following Biden’s First Joint Address to Congress, MAZON Welcomes Continued Investment in Food Access, NutritionApril 29, 2021