MAZON needs your support to end hunger in the United States and Israel. When we fight hunger together, it doesn’t stand a chance.
If you are 70 ½ or older, you can make donations of up to $100,000 per year directly from your IRA to MAZON. The benefits of using your IRA for charitable donations include:
• avoiding taxes on transfers from your IRA to our organization
• satisfying your required minimum distribution (RMD) for the year
• reducing your taxable income, even if you do not itemize deductions
• making a donation that is not subject to the 50% deduction limits on charitable gifts
How to make an IRA Charitable Rollover donation:
• Contact your IRA plan administrator to make a donation from your IRA to MAZON.
• Your IRA funds will be directly transferred to MAZON.
• Contact Sarah Pratter, Deputy Director of Community Engagement, to let us know you have made the donation.
Please note that IRA Charitable Rollover donations do not qualify for charitable deductions.
If you have any questions or for more information, please contact Sarah Pratter, Deputy Director of Community Engagement, or call our office at (800) 813-0557.