MAZON needs your support to end hunger in the United States and Israel. When we fight hunger together, it doesn’t stand a chance.
If you are 70 ½ or older, you can make donations of up to $100,000 per year directly from your IRA to MAZON. The benefits of using your IRA for charitable donations include:
• avoiding taxes on transfers from your IRA to our organization
• satisfying your required minimum distribution (RMD) for the year
• reducing your taxable income, even if you do not itemize deductions
• making a donation that is not subject to the 50% deduction limits on charitable gifts
How to make an IRA Charitable Rollover donation:
• Contact your IRA plan administrator to make a donation from your IRA to MAZON.
• Your IRA funds will be directly transferred to MAZON.
• Contact Nicole Tafoya, Deputy Director of Development, to let us know you have made the donation.
Please note that IRA Charitable Rollover donations do not qualify for charitable deductions.
If you have any questions or for more information, please contact Nicole Tafoya, Deputy Director of Development, or call our office at (800) 813-0557.
Urge Congress to Reintroduce the Tribal Nutrition Improvement Act
Join us in urging Congress to reintroduce the Tribal Nutrition Improvement Act, which would enable Tribes to administer child nutrition programs in Indian Country and ensure culturally appropriate food. Take action now.
Make a gift to MAZON’s Spotlight Fund
Your partnership allows MAZON to be the national Jewish voice dedicated to fighting hunger, particularly for those facing hunger whose struggles are too often over-looked, disregarded, or discounted. Together, we have made a commitment to shine a spotlight on those issues and populations where larger organizations and the government have yet to turn their focus.
Your support of MAZON’s Spotlight Fund helps us fight hunger, particularly for those who are often over-looked, disregarded, or discounted. Together, we shine a spotlight on issues of food insecurity among military families, veterans, Native Americans, single mothers, LGBTQ seniors, college students, and the people of Puerto Rico and the territories. Your gift today strengthens this mission and helps to build a community dedicated to ending hunger for everyone. Join us.