Manage and direct the strategic use of MAZON’s grants to advance the organization’s advocacy and program efforts. He/she will report to the Vice President of Programs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with CEO and Vice President of Programs to develop and implement MAZON’s grantmaking strategy and program.
- Scan anti-hunger policy landscape to develop insights, options and recommendations on promising policy change opportunities, partners and program directions.
- Monitor and remain current on hunger issues, public policies, political developments and trends in states and policy areas of strategic interests to MAZON.
- Supervise, mentor and support program officer and interns/consultants as needed.
- Conduct in-depth review and analysis of grant applications, including the preparation of summary grant documents and written funding recommendations for presentation to Vice President of Programs and MAZON’s grants advisory committee during grants meetings and/or grants committee calls.
- Work with grantees to establish clear and measurable objectives and monitor grantee progress including analyzing and evaluating progress reports. Serve as primary contact in troubleshooting and negotiating resolution.
- Direct and oversee all aspects of grants management systems to ensure high-quality grants administration, including establishment of policies and procedures; oversight of Salesforce management and grants processing; setting terms and conditions for grant awards; and, ensuring information is shared with MAZON finance, operations, technology and communications staff.
- Identify technical assistance needs and help provide advice and support to grantees when appropriate
- Provide key support in the development and implementation of strategic initiatives/programs, which includes program design, identifying potential program partners, and implementing any grantmaking component within strategic initiatives/programs.
- Assist with advancing MAZON’s communication goals, including generating ideas and content, communications with policymakers, presentations to the Jewish community, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Significant advocacy and/or policy experience at the federal or state level on issues related to social justice.
- Substantive expertise in anti-hunger field highly desirable.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent critical thinking skills, including the ability to think strategically and flexibly; identify policy change opportunities; and assess an organization’s leadership, track record and advocacy capacity.
- Strong relationship-building skills and the ability to partner effectively with leaders from peer organizations.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues across the organization to achieve integrated strategies that support MAZON’s mission.
Experience managing/supervising staff is required.
- MAC and MS Office proficiency and database experience required. Salesforce experience a plus.
- Candidates must be willing to travel throughout the US up to 15% of the time.
How to apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.